iConcepts, a leading consumer, promotions and media interactive communications company in Nigeria is hiring. Positions are now available for the roles of:
- Web Developer
- UI/UX Designer
- Full stack Developer
- Android Game Developer
Below are the job descriptions for each role
Job Title: Web Developer
Position Type: Permanent
The candidate is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites/web applications and desktop applications, from layout to function and according to the specifications. Strive to create visually appealing applications that feature userfriendly design and clear navigation.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Integrate the services with telecom operators.
- Develop and test mobile VAS products
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- The position requires constant communication with colleagues
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling websites/Applications
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Positive attitude: get fun out of finding elegant solutions and team spirit
- Willingness to take responsibility for your work and deliver great results
- 3+ years’ experience with C# and the .NET Framework
- Solid knowledge of ASP.NET MVC 5
- Experience with SQL Databases and Entity Framework
- Windows service knowledge with integration with OWIN
- Minimum education required should be HND/BSc
- Knowledge of other programming languages especially PHP, Visual Basic is an added advantage
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.) is needed to be successful in this position
- Knowledge of telecommunication technologies like IVR, SMPP, USSD etc.
- Basic knowledge of the Mobile VAS industry
- Experience with source control (such as Git)
- Good English skills
Job Title: Full Stack Developer
Position Type: Permanent
- Work with the software team to design and develop a full-featured web/mobile web/cross-platform & native application and related web services using modern web technologies
- Build intuitive, rich and functional user interfaces using dynamic web presentations technology
- Shall be responsible for the entire development life-cycle of applications (i.e. Requirements Specification, System Architecture, Implementation, Deployment and Maintenance)
- Shall be responsible for Database Administration and Business Intelligence activities
- Shall be responsible for administering servers and hosting platforms
- Reports to Chief Technical Officer
Skills & Requirements
- A strong background with using Python, PHP and C#.NET to build scalable enterprise solutions with strict adherence to MVC patterns is REQUIRED (we like to stick with popular frameworks like Flask)
- Experience managing Linux systems, Windows systems and services
- Experience in popular databases like MySQL, SQl Server and Oracle
- Experience with the Agile development methodology, source control (such as Git, TFS, SVN, Mercurial) and issue-tracking systems such as Atlassian JIRA for disciplined and communication friendly development
- An extensive background and adherence to OOP concepts is REQUIRED
- Knowledge of Version Control is a critical REQUIREMENT (Git)
- The potential candidate MUST be able to use manage DevOps, particularly WebServers
- Applicant MUST be familiar with RESTful Web Service development and deployment
- Knowledge of Document-oriented Databases is an added advantage
- Applicant MUST be able to architect Systems and make B2B Integrations
- Cross-Platform Mobile App development is REQUIRED (Native Android & iOS development experience is a major bonus)
- Strong attention to privacy and security issues (knowledge and adoption of SoGP and other Information Security standards is an added advantage)
- Familiarity with Python ORM technologies (e.g SqlAlchemy) is a major advantage
- Proficiency with at least one Data Visualization and Reporting Framework is an added advantage.
Job Title: User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Designer
Position Type: Permanent
The UI/UX designer will be required to work with the different people to gather the requirements and develop the frontend for websites and mobile apps.
- Develop functional and appealing web and mobile-based applications based on usability
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
- Work with client services, sales, and the design team, and manage time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
At least 3 years’ experience in:
- CSS systems such as LESS and SASS to compile style files o Subversion or other version control system o Analytics solutions, such as Google Analytics o Developing for search engine optimization o Standards-compliant code
- Integrating HTML/CSS into ASP.NET environment using Visual Studio
▪ Minimum education required should be HND/BSc
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Agile methodology and instill best practices into the process
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Possess an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states.
- Ability to develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native application.
CVs/applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org