Before the advent of smart phones, we had to depend on professional editors to piece together footage and other content such that it makes creative sense and communicates a lasting message. I would say gone are those days, but to a certain degree, pro editors are still very much in demand in the professional space. However, mobile technology has made it much easier for content creators to edit in a matter of minutes and upload before content goes stale. People who create skits, covers, parody videos, competition entries, etcetera have changed the game of video editing drastically. We review 5 editing apps that make editing on the go easy as ABC!
We discovered that the Viva Video app was recognized as a “Top Developer” in the Google Play Store. It is the best video editing, slideshow making, movie making App & video editor on the Android market. With Viva Video, you can easily create professional-looking video stories/movies within a few taps, such as montage, MEME, collage and duet videos. It has hundreds of user-friendly special video effects from which you can choose ranging from stickers and filters to animated clips and subtitles which allow you tell a good story.
Some features of VivaVideo:
– It has user-friendly editing tools which allows users to easily trim, cut, merge, copy/duplicate and loop clips in editing storyboard
– It has video speed control with slow and fast motion
– Allows you perform some video functions like reverse, playback & blurred background, voice enhancement & audio speed adjustment, video resizing and audio fade in and out.
– Users can preview all edits on WYSIWYG interface
– Direct share to your social media handles
– Tons of themes/video templates to choose from including Birthday, Wedding, Holiday and all occasions.
This is one of the most “comprehensive” video editor apps around. The app makes use of the “timeline editor” method enabling people with video editing experience feel at ease. Movies are made with Full HD picture using simple video FX, transitions, & custom voiceover or audio soundtrack. It is very user-friendly and comes highly recommended by our editor who admits, if you have used Adobe before, you will find this very familiar.
With Power Director, you can;
- Add videos to your timeline
- Experience sleek timeline editing interface tools
- Create slow motion video
- Add effects with a quick tap
- Change your video’s music & add fading effects/voice over
- Combine picture and Video in a movie
- Save videos to your phone, or upload to YouTube, Facebook and more
WeVideo Video Editor
WeVideo lets you easily add themes, filters, effects, transitions, emojis’, voiceover narration, music, and other artistic elements to your videos. You can choose from a gallery of 30+ unique video themes and video enhancing filters, add special effects and transitions, titles and captions, music, and record a voiceover or add emoji stickers. It basically allows you to edit video anyhow you want. It is quite easy to use and has some basic features which would work for every tom, dick and harry.
- Edit photos and videos from your gallery or capture from the app
- 30+ unique video themes and video enhancing filters
- Add special effects and transitions
- Add titles and captions
- Add music (or use ours) for a custom soundtrack
- Easy clip arranging
- Voiceover recording
- Add emoji sticker to your video
- Publish in HD
Magisto Video Editor & Maker
The unique feature about Magisto is its ability to apply automatic video stabilization and facial recognition to your edits. Facial recognition detects the most important people in your photos and videos to create personalized movies for sharing.
This one kept crashing but looked like it had a lot of potential! The UX is beautiful and the app makes your videos and pictures taken come out professional especially for images on an Android phone. There would not be any watermark stamp or time limit on your clip. Most of the editing tools you need can be found on the app. It allows you to create a slideshow of your media files such as images, pictures and soundtracks and also to do some basic editing such as trimming, merging, cropping, and rotating videos. You can also add background music or voiceovers to videos. The app has some special effects such as overlay and filter effects, animated text and title effects, motion elements etc.
Many content creators who upload their stuff on Instagram and Twitter use at least one of these apps and because they have no need for the added special effects, they use the free editions which have their videos watermarked.
TIP: Paying for the full version of an app is a worthy investment; especially if you are targeting a wider audience and brands. It makes your videos look more professional even if you are a rookie, mobile phone editor and they are not that expensive when you see how much more you can do with them.