As part of the events for this year, StartupLagos, organisers of Lagos Startup Week, have organised a session tagged “From University Research to Real World Innovation” which aims to provide student and researchers of Nigerian Tertiary institutions with an opportunity to pitch their innovative research projects in the midst of potential international and local investors and it’s proudly supported by Fastforward Student Innovation Fund.
Do you have and innovative research project you hope to commercialize?
Applications are now open and the deadline for submission of applications is 20th September 2016. The 10 best research projects will be invited to pitch in front of a panel and compete. Shortlisted winners would be contacted.
“This would be an engaging experience for students during Lagos Startupweek. Collaboration and knowledge sharing is vital to increasing our ability to tackle some of the major challenges in society today “ says Olumide Olayinka,-Member Organising Team Lagos StartupWeek .
This is a unique opportunity for student innovators who are driven by the problems they face in their day to day lives to show the world the solutions they have developed. Hopefully, we will have major stakeholders like hubs, corporate, government and investors on hand to offer support like partnerships and investment to these new generation of innovators in order to make their solutions commercially viable- Fastforward
Applications are already ongoing HERE . You could also register to attend the session for free.
How It Works
- Submit an application to pitch your research idea latest by 20th September
- All applications will be reviewed and 10 of the best innovative ideas will be invited to pitch.
- Receive an Invite to Pitch
- Pitch at Lagos Startup Week on the 27th of September, 2016
- Must be a Nigerian Citizen
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or postgraduate student at a Nigerian university or recognized foreign university
- Recently-Completed Graduates to be considered .
Winners would be given the opportunity to pitch their ideas to potential investors
- Access to tools and resources that would make the project become a success.
- Access to a Network of mentors and Investors
- Free access to a co-working space powered by Leadspace
- Free access to a Fab Laboratory /Innovation Lab (*depending on project)
- Other Freebies which would include access to collaboration tools and Cloud-hosting services
APPLY HERE: http://goo.gl/q9q6fc