Digital Lab Africa a springboard for African talent in multimedia. Are you an artist, a student or an entrepreneur?
Do you have a project in one of these 5 categories: digital music, web creation, virtual reality, video game, or animation? If yes, submit your project and win a 3,000 € cash prize + a Digital Lab Africa Incubation Pass to make your project happen.
DLA is looking for innovative projects at initial stage of development, in need of partners and financial support.
It is initiated by the French Embassy and the French Institute of South Africa in partnership with DISCOP Africa, TRACE, Lagardère studios and leading companies.
- The Digital Lab Africa Call for projects is open to any one, professional or not, from the sector of digital content creation: artists, producers, developers, start-ups, SMEs, collectives, students or entrepreneurs, based in sub-Saharan Africa or a national of a country in this region.
- It targets developing projects, in need of partners and financial support, innovative projects from the perspective of form, narration, content and technologies utilized.
The call for projects by Digital Lab Africa focuses on five categories of multimedia productions:
- Web creation/Tansmedia
- Virtual Reality
- Video Game
- Digital Music
The winners will take away:
- A cash prize to the value of 3,000 euro
- An Incubation Pass for Digital Lab Africa to accompany the development phase of their project between May and December 2018.
- The DLA incubation Pass comprises of mentorship in the development of projects by the French and Sub-Saharan African partners for each of the categories (studios, producers, broadcasters, distributors).
- A period of residence in France within the partner organisation and/or a digital cluster.
- Participation at multimedia reference events.
25 February 2018
For more information and how to apply, clickhere.