Nigeria’s capital city of Abuja will tomorrow (Friday) host the fourth edition of StartUP Friday organised by the Office for ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship (OIIE), venue is Red Sparrow Events Centre, Maitama, Abuja, from 3.20pm.
With StartUP Friday, OIIE aims to promote and encourage start-up development and foster relationships with investors, mentors and upcoming tech-driven-start-ups.
It described the event as a rich value-driven “meet-up” designed to bridge the gaps that exist amongst startups, investors, mentors, buyers and other players in the Nigerian entrepreneurial ecosystem, helping the startups to grow and scale their businesses.
The theme for this edition is FutureHACK!
Organizers said: “It is the journey to the future 2025. FutureHACK! is sectoral, looking for not just ordinary solutions but innovative solutions to deep challenges of the future (solutions with growth potential). This edition of StartUP Friday (#SUF4) will feature amongst others:
1. Investor Forum: In collaboration with Lagos Angel Network (LAN). There will be focus meeting with LAN as part of the steps towards creating Abuja Business Angel Network (ABUBAN).
2. ShowUP-to-Pitch: innovative startups will pitch their products/solutions that address Agric, Healthcare, Financial Services, Robotics/Drones/IoT and Renewable Energy challenges.
3. FutureHACK Session: where out-of-this world, innovative, futuristic but thought-provoking ideas and/or solutions will be presented for further research and funding into becoming viable ventures.
4. Fireside Chat on Sourcing and Investing in Deals
5. Networking Session amongst startups, investors and ecosystem players